Friday, August 6, 2010

How to Make Piaya

I really love piaya, it is one of the sweet delicacies in my hometown, which is Bacolod City. I even tried the piaya made from Silay City, which is just 5 minutes travel from my hometown going North. They have a good piaya too. I believe that piaya is the delicacy of Ilonggo. I have probed online for the recipe of piaya and i found it in one of the blog called Philippines food recipes. Here is the ingredients, in case you want to try cooking it, if you are staying or working abroad.


Piaya Ingredients:

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 10 tbsps. oil
* 1/2 cup muscovado sugar
* 4 tbps. water
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 8 tbsps oil
* 7 tbsps water
* 1/2 cup sesame seeds

How To Make Piaya:

1). In a bowl, combine half of the flour and half of the oil; mix well.

2). Divide into 20 portions shape in balls. Set aside.

3). Add some water to the muscovado sugar to make it moist. Divide into 20 portions. Set aside.

4). Mix the remaining flour, oil and some water. Knead to a cylinder and divide into 20 portions.

5). Flatten each portion and top with the flour and oil mixture. Roll out and stuff with muscovado filling. Close the edges.

6). Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

7). Bake in a preheated oven in medium heat or grill until brown on the outside.


This is my “Story” © 2010 J.J.L.C (previously known as C.GT)


No comments: